|We started with this shoe.|
|And created this shoe.|
Fabric Paint or Acrylic Paint and Fabric Medium-we used 1/2 bottle of acrylic and about 1" of our large bottle of fabric medium to do 4 coats of paint. We needed extra coats to cover the bright shoe color and previous paint.
Glitter Spray for fabric
Directions: I'm sorry I didn't get in process pictures. I got into the project and forgot to take pictures. I think you'll be fine without them though.
1. Mask off all white parts of the shoes.
2. Prepare paint according to the directions on the fabric medium bottle. (if you need to mix it)
3. Apply paint to the shoe with a piece of sponge. Sponge gives a nice even coat without brush lines.
4. Let dry (somewhat) and add another coat. Repeat as necessary.
5. ***while the last coat is still wet spray with the glitter spray.*** It helps the glitter blend in to spray while the paint is wet. If you find you need another coat of paint after the shoes are dry, you can paint and glitter again.
6. After the shoes are dry, carefully remove the masking tape, lace and wear.