Fabric: Use table cloths, sheets, or purchased yardage...anything flat and large enough will do.
Ribbon for tying
1. Cut fabric into squares or rectangles twice as wide as you want your bag to be. We made bags of several sizes to fit presents for many years to come.
2. Hem top edge. This bag came from a sheet and the top (sheet) hem was used, therefore I didn't need to hem this one.
3. Fold (right sides together) in half width wise.
4. Sew side and bottom seam. Zigzag raw edge to keep the edge from fraying.
6. Turn bag right side out and fill.
You can add a small toy or hair accessory to the ribbon for an extra special touch. There are many tutorials on hair accessories on our blog. Feel free to "search" (in the left blog column) for those tutorials.
Our children chose fabric for their bags and we'll reuse them for many years to come always remembering the year we made these.
We'll be having a very special giveaway between Christmas and New Year! Keep watching.
Have a Very Merry Christmas!