I'm sorry for the awful picture. I simply couldn't get a good one. Too close=blur Too far away=can't see the detail. ugh!
This necklace came out of necessity. I had made a new top which needed a special necklace. Of couse, I had nothing and no time to head out to the store. So I headed to my husband's hardware stash and my ribbon stash instead. I was able to mix my paint colors to get just the right color to match the top. And, here it is. It took about 15 min. I was in a hurry! In fact, it was drying (outside) while I showered.
Paint or use fingernail polish as the "paint"
Clear Fingernail Polish (optional)
1. Wash and dry washer.
2. Paint both sides with as many coats as you like. It would be easier to do one side at a time. I didn't and had to find a creative way to hang it to dry.
3. While the last coat is still wet, swirl design through with a paint color on the tooth pick. Do this on both sides so that if the necklace turns it won't have a "back" side.
4. Let dry completely.
5. Apply fingernail polish to clear coat if you wish.
6. Finish ribbon ends so that they don't unravel.
7. Slip ribbon through and wear.
Happy Sewing (or painting)!